The Morgan Library has a 3D printer available to students, faculty and staff. It is located across from the Morgan Library Event Hall on a first come, first serve basis.
What you need to print:
- Bring your design on a USB or email it to yourself. You can also use the computer connected to the 3D Printer to access Google Drive or Dropbox.
- If you are using a design off of thingiverse.com, simply upload it using the 3D printer’s computer.
- Filament can be purchased at RamTech, located next to the bookstore in the Lory Student Center.
- Printing training is available through the Idea 2 Product Lab. Find an upcoming training date on our News & Events page.
- If you need to schedule an alternative appointment time, contact the lab at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Info on 3D printing:
- Take a look at Idea 2 Product to learn more about 3D printing
Tips and troubleshooting:
- If you don’t know how to change the filament, watch this video.
Free 3D modeling and CAD software is available so you can design your product:
The Morgan Library Loan & Reserve Desk also has the following for checkout:
- 3D Printer Tool Kit (digital calipers, metal ruler, X-ACTO knife, needle nose pliers, wire cutter/clipper, and tweezers)
- 3D Printer scanner/tablet