The 3D printers have been sent out for repair. They are not available at the current time. At this point, we do not have any word about when they will return.
The Morgan Library has a 3D printer available to students, faculty and staff. It is located across from the Morgan Library Event Hall on a first come, first serve basis.
What you need to print:
- Bring your design on a USB or email it to yourself. You can also use the computer connected to the 3D Printer to access Google Drive or Dropbox.
- If you are using a design off of thingiverse.com, simply upload it using the 3D printer’s computer.
- Filament can be purchased at RamTech, located next to the bookstore in the Lory Student Center.
- Printing training is available through the Idea 2 Product Lab. Find an upcoming training date on our News & Events page.
- If you need to schedule an alternative appointment time, contact the lab at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Info on 3D printing:
- Take a look at Idea 2 Product to learn more about 3D printing
Tips and troubleshooting:
- If you don’t know how to change the filament, watch this video.
Free 3D modeling and CAD software is available so you can design your product:
The Morgan Library Loan & Reserve Desk also has the following for checkout:
- 3D Printer Tool Kit (digital calipers, metal ruler, X-ACTO knife, needle nose pliers, wire cutter/clipper, and tweezers)
- 3D Printer scanner/tablet