Visiting School Groups Policy
The primary function of Colorado State University Libraries is to support and provide instruction to the University students, faculty and staff. The Library also provides instructional outreach to public and private elementary and secondary schools in the northern Colorado area, in line within the following guidelines.
- Visitors must have a CSU Community Patron’s card in order to check out materials or use electronic databases or library computers. Community patrons are limited to two hours of computer time per day and may not use electronic resources from off-site. Minors may apply for a library card with a parent/guardian co-signature. Community Patron’s cards must be requested ahead of the visit.
- All requests are subject to availability. Visits may not be scheduled during certain times of the semester, such as finals week.
- Visits must be scheduled at least 4 weeks in advance. Only assignment-related classes will be scheduled.
- A minimum of two adults must accompany each student group. For groups larger than 30 students, the ratio of students to teachers/parents must be 15 to 1. Accompanying adults are required to remain with their students.
- Instructors are responsible for the conduct of their students. If students are disruptive the group may be asked to leave the library.