Submit Your Thesis
Your electronic thesis or dissertation must be submitted to ProQuest/UMI by the published deadline date of your graduating term. Please follow the steps below.
1. Convert your electronic document to PDF format:
- The PDF file must be named Lastname_Firstname.pdf, where “Lastname” and “Firstname” are that of the student.
- Consult Creating PDFs and UMI Formatting Requirements on the ProQuest/UMI website for more information.
2. Create your account on the ProQuest/UMI website and follow the steps to submit your thesis online.
Your submission will be reviewed for final approval by an administrator at the Graduate School before it is delivered to ProQuest/UMI and the CSU Digital Repository. Note: All questions about formatting the content of your ETD must be directed to the Graduate School.
Important Information About Access to Your ETD
- Your ETD will be freely available via the Internet in the CSU Digital Repository, unless you have chosen to temporarily restrict access.
- Access through ProQuest/UMI will depend on whether you chose the Traditional Publishing or Open Access option, and if you selected any restrictions.
- Access to your thesis or dissertation may be restricted up to 1 year. Embargo requests require the ETD Embargo Restriction Request Form.
- Your advisor must submit an explanation of the requested restriction to the Graduate School for approval.
- If you wish to restrict temporarily the publication of your thesis or dissertation because it contains potentially patentable material, work with your advisor to ensure that the Colorado State University Reserach Foundation (CSURF) is contacted.