CSU Libraries Non-Student Hourly Positions
CSU Library Administrative Office Suite Receptionist:
Position type: Non-student hourly
Position classification: Administrative Assistant II
Position salary range: $16.71-23.77/hour. This position does not include benefits.
This full-time, nine-month temporary position provides general administrative and events, support to the CSU Libraries. The individual in this position will manage a variety of administrative functions for Morgan Library administration and staff while help coordinate on-site events.
The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related and critical to this position:
- Two years of full-time general clerical and/or administrative assistance experience.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite Experience with MS Outlook, including creating and sending e-mail and using calendar features.
- Demonstrated experience providing strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds, interests, and ages.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter with attention to detail, adapt quickly, and be able to effectively multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop effective working relationships with internal and external partners, colleagues, and supervisor.
- Must be able to work as a team member with regular check-ins with supervisors and staff.
- Ability to take direction and use independent judgment to coordinate various projects and meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience providing administrative assistance.
- Experience creating and maintaining both electronic and manual filing systems.
Library Administration: Coordinate and manage a variety of administrative functions for the CSU Morgan Library and its staff.
- Create a congenial, professional and welcoming Morgan Library Administrative suite reception area.
- Receive guests to the administrative suite, answer their requests and/or channel them to the appropriate library staff.
- Monitor and order needed library office supplies so that day-to-day library operations are not interrupted.
- Identify and coordinate office needs, for current and new library employee including furniture, telephone, and building key card access.
- Monitor the best utilization of shared 2-3 administrative and building student employees, delegating duties that arise outside their regular administrative responsibilities.
Library Events: Coordinate approved Morgan Library events.
- Monitor internal library-hosted and CSU affiliates-hosted event requests. Once they are approved, pay attention to event needs, including timing, catering, reservations, and special requests.
- Take an active role in library hosted events that may require room set-up, catering, IT, registration, name badges, and directional signs.
- Monitor execution of event aspects for a smooth experience and identify process improvements for future events.
- Approve and process all library sponsored events in conference rooms and the Event Hall, utilizing LSC catering; manage ordering and billing.
To apply, please send cover letter addressing minimum qualifications, current resume, and names and contact information for three professional references, to Library_NSH@colostate.edu. The application deadline is 11:59pm (MT), February 16, 2020.
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer.
Colorado State University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Travel expenses for interviewing and/or relocation cannot be provided.